Engage: a cloud sourced short film
The cloud is becoming an essential part of our everyday digital lives. How can we put it to new and good use, creating meaningful connections and stories? Well, there’s Cloud Filmmaking, as filmmaker Tiffany Shlain has devised, resulting in a series of videos, ‘Engage’ being the second instalment:
Over the course of six months, we asked people from all over the world to send videos of themselves feeling their heartbeat and thinking about what it means. This is the 2-minute film that unfolded…
The 5 Principles of Cloud Filmmaking
1. To use the cloud to collaboratively create films with people from all over the world.
2. To create films about ideas that speak to the most universal qualities of human life, focusing on what connects us, rather than what divides us.
3. To give back as much as is received, by offering free customized films to organizations around the world to further their message.
4. To use the cloud to translate films into as many languages as possible.
5. To push the boundaries of both filmmaking and distribution by combining the newest collaborative tools available online with the potential of all the people in the world.